Workshops & professional development
With a career from 1981 in the therapy field and more than half of that time in leadership and management roles, I offer a large range of training options. Topics include but are not limited to the following:
THERAPY RELATED (usually 1-2 days unless specified)
- Alternatives to Self Harm - A range of options from brief 1 hour presentation or 2 day or 3 day workshops.
- Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered - working with Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Complex PTSD - Interviewing PTSD & Knowing when to Open your Parachute - addresses clinician empathic strain and countertransference when supporting people with complex trauma.
- D.I.D. You see that? Recognising dissociative disorders.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) distress and crisis management skills.
- Mindfulness for professionals - Half or whole day mindfulness skills to apply to practice.
- Narrative therapy ideas: Introduction to Re-authoring Lives.
- Narrative therapy in groups - using the Outsider Witness approach.
- Risk assessment (gaining confidence to ask the hard questions about suicide and homicide risk).
- Solution Focused ways of working.
- STEPPS Program (Systems Training in Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving - (Blum, et al) A brief 1-2 hour presentation for your workplace outlining the program.
- STEPPS training sessions (1-2 day workshops).
- STEPPS supervision and practice sessions for those trained in STEPPS.
- Supervision group based sessions: Reflections on a journey.
- Trauma-informed practice: tips for treatment teams (various from 1 hour to 2 days).
ORGANISATIONS AND TEAMS
Content is tailored to your requirements but here are some examples:
- Developing Teams.
- Managing change through people.
- Solution Focused Teams.
- Team Away Days (tailored to your requests).
- What's that got to do with me? Help your team to take ownership of Key Performance Indicators.
Other sessions for clinical or team topics can be designed by request.