Workshops & professional development
With a career from 1981 in the therapy field and more than half of that time in leadership and management roles, I offer a large range of training options. Topics include but are not limited to the following:
THERAPY RELATED (usually 1-2 days unless specified)
- Alternatives to Self Harm - A brief (1-2 hour) presentation to your workplace outlining the program.
- Alternatives to Self Harm Workshop 1 Introduction to the APEX approach.
- Alternatives to Self Harm Workshop 2 Implementing the ASH and APEX principles to practice.
- Alternatives to Self Harm Workshop 3 Implementing the ASH Group-based program step by step.
- Alternatives to Self Harm Workshop 4 Implementing the Phoenix Program, follow up to the ASH Program)..
- Alternatives to Self Harm supervision: individual or group options for those trained in the approach.
- Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered - working with Borderline Personality Disorder.
- D.I.D. You See that? recognising Dissociative Disorders.
- Interviewing Complex PTSD & Knowing when to Open your Parachute - addresses clinician empathic strain and countertransference when supporting people with complex trauma.
- Introduction to DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) distress and crisis management skills.
- Introduction to Re-authoring Lives - Narrative Therapy approaches.
- Mindfulness for professionals - Half or whole day mindfulness skills to apply to practice.
- Narrative therapy in groups - using the Outsider Witness approach.
- Reflections on a Journey - general professional supervision groups.
- Risk assessment (feeling confident to ask the hard questions about suicide and homicide risk).
- Solution Focused ways of working - introductory workshop.
- Solution Focused ways of working - interactive group supervision or training (bite size or whole day).
- STEPPS Program (Systems Training in Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving - (Blum, et al) A brief 1-2 hour presentation for your workplace outlining the program.
- STEPPS training sessions (1-2 day workshops).
- STEPPS supervision and practice sessions for those trained in STEPPS.
- Trauma-informed practice: tips for treatment teams (various from 1 hour to 2 days).
ORGANISATIONS AND TEAMS
Content is tailored to your requirements:
- Conflict resolution - seeking win-win solutions.
- Developing Teams.
- Managing change through people.
- Solution Focused Teams.
- Team Away Days (tailored to your requests).
- What's that got to do with me? Help your team to take ownership of Key Performance Indicators.
Other sessions for clinical or team topics can be designed by request.